Jamtara College, Jamtara, offers two years intermediate/10+2
courses in Arts and Science streams as recognized by Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).
Structure of Course:
According to the curriculum based on C.B.S.E each student of Intermediate (Arts &
Science) have to opt among the following subject:
- For the students of arts stream, study of one among the following languages
- Hindi Core ‘A’ for Hindi speaking students (100 marks)
- Hindi Core ‘B’ for Non-Hindi speaking students with Bangla,
Santali, Maithaili or Alternate English (50 + 50 marks)
- For the students of science stream, English Core (100 marks) is
For Arts stream:
- Elective Languages: any one of these: - Hindi, English, Bangla,
Urdu, Sanskrit, Maithaili and Santali.
- Optionals: any three of the following:
- Political Science
- Additional Papers: Student can choose any subject among listed
on (1) and (2), but not the same language already taken as elective.
For Science stream:
- Compulsory: Except of one compulsory language (English Core), student
shall study another two subjects - Physics and Chemistry.
- Optionals: Any two subjects among these:
- Additional Papers: Any one among the above mentioned subjects expect
practical subjects or any language among Hindi, English, Bangla, Urdu, Sanskrit,
Maithaili and Santali. But the same language cannot be taken as
elective and core.